Peer Review

    I would be lying if I said I was not nervous to present my magazine project for the AICE paper, but after presenting and receiving this feedback I feel greatly confident in my product. All the feedback I received I took into consideration what I thought I should or should not change about my project. I truly did appreciate being given this opportunity to present, receive feedback and reflect on what I need to do in-order to have a successfully AICE magazine to send to Cambridge.  

            When examining the feedback, I received for what my classmates though I should alter or change, I realized I was not far off when it came to corrections with what I had to presentSome minor details to change I noted was to center the words “Senior” and “College “on the second page of my feature article so that way the words evenly hang off half on and half off the pictures of the seniors. Another piece of advice from my classmates was to switch up the page numbers of the articles on the content page with considerations of the idea we are publishing a full magazine and over a period and to remove the June 2020 I originally had on the content page. A major piece of feedback I believe both me and my partner were not aware of is how consistent our magazines had to be with one another. For instance, minor details, such a same font, page numbers with a title on the bottom right, where our selling line is etc. I did look more into this feedback considering it is a major factor when being graded on my partner and I magazines.  

            Now on the other hand, I received many compliments about how my magazine looked, the format, the time I put into it or and the photos we had taken with my partners mothers’ camera. The feedback I had gotten was there was a good consistent flow throughout my entire magazine when it came to formatting, fonts, text sizes etc. Another input was my peers really liked the two perspectives of seniors where one senior relies on sports to get into university and the other could get into a university with her grades. I felt like this was important to incorporate to truly show how sports do have an impact on these student athletes. I received many compliments on how the color was popping out of the pictures and camera angles that were used. 

    

    I was incredibly pleased with the feedback I received for my magazine. I already went ahead and made changes including: 

    -putting my selling line above my mast head  

    -inserting the title and the page number all in the same font at the end of every page 

    -changed paged numbers on the content page 

    -removed June 2020 on the content page and placed it on the title page 

    - reviewed over my feature article by checking the spelling and grammar 

    -fixed the placement of the words "senior" and "college" on the second page of my feature  

    article that way the layout of the words was evenly on and off the images. 

    -also edited the images to have more of a pop, contrast and shadows to stand out more 

Comments