Production 4: Preparation for interviews for the feauture article
To conduct my feature article, I narrowed down my subject figuring out who I would be interviewing or discussing the topic with. I have concluded that I will be speaking to Elizabeth Smalls, Terrell Pack, Coach Ashenburner from sports administration or Coach Ahles. Another perspective I have thought about including in my feature article is from our tv/ film production boss Mrs. D . With the addition of this interview the viewer will be able to see from her perspective why sports are their only "out". With the many changes to who I will be interviewing I do believe this could possibly change again depending on the needs to complete my vision of my feature article. I have conducted a list of questions or idea starters for the people being interviewed.
Questions for the high school athletes:
- How long have you been an athlete and what sports specifically?
- Do you believe you have the potential to move on to playing at a college level? If so yes and if not explain why?
- If you stated no in the earlier question what factors such as not getting the assistant with being looked at or grades has affected you to feel this way?
- Do you believe people surrounding you such as coaches and administration have helped you master the level for preparation to move onto the college level? If yes, why and if not why?
- Do you have a support system around you? if yes who does this consist of and if not why?
- Do you feel that sports are your only way to get to college? If so why if not, then why?
- Why do you play sports?
- Do you push yourself outside of school practices and games?
Questions for coaches and administration:
- How long have you been coaching for?
- Were you a high school athlete? if so, did you move onto playing at the college level?
- How do you prepare your players to ensure they are not only ready for the next level but can get there?
- Do you believe you have prepared them to the fullest of their advantage?
- What would you have done differently to ensure of this?
- Why do you think athletes feel that sports are their only way of being able to have a college education?
- Do you believe that the way players are recruited, specifically their finical issues should influence if they make a team or not (college wise)?
Comments
Post a Comment