Decision Day

    When thinking about the decision of whether I would personally choose to create my project using Premier Pro or InDesign I would choose InDesign. When looking at the Premier Pro, I am extremely interested in using this for my final because I can change scenes, dramatic transitions, editing of the audio and video effects of multiple videos which is astonishing. But on the other hand, with knowing my strengths and weaknesses I feel using InDesign for my final when creating a magazine over would suit me the best in comparison to the twoAfter working on both programs, I can confidently say that the better fit for my skill and capability would be using InDesign. After carefully evaluation both programs, the requirements for AICE, my strengths, and my weaknesses I honestly believe that InDesign will suit me best. I have come to realize that the purpose of this project is to tell a story and learn lessons about a specific topic I am interested in. “Children in Africa learned morals from stories of the wily and cunning spider Anansi who used his tricks for his own gain. Today, we also use story to try to understand why things happen.” (Cherry, 2017). In this article the author Cherry specifically talks about the ideal purpose of stories is to absorb the purpose and learn lessons from these stories.  

            Premier pro is unique tool when it comes to editing film with the assistance of the many creative tools, change in color, altering the sound etc. But I did find this program to be overly complicated and was specific on what tools to use to create your vision of your film. When watching the YouTube tutorial video on the basics on how to edit your videos, I found it extremely difficult to try and follow along with what the instructor was saying. The program did amaze me when I noticed I was able to do little ticks such as changing scenes, the color, or messing around with title designs. I was having to teach myself how to use each tool after watching the instructor demonstrate it. In comparison to the two, I noticed that with InDesign I would not be able to add features such as fading in and out or explosions unlike I could with this program.  


            InDesign is used to edit magazines, posters, flyers newspapers etc. I was fascinated with what I was able to do with my images within this program in comparison to the Premier pro program. “Literary magazines have never faced so much adversity, yet they have also never had so many opportunities to grow.” (Franklin, 2011) I loved how I was able to format my own ideas and thoughts of what came to mind into what was right Infront on my face. The software I would to be extremely easy going when playing around with the program and was interested in what I was able to do. I believe that with what Cambridge wants I will be able to clearly portray this to my target audience through using this softwareI personally believe I will be able to clearly portray my ideas into this program and allow my audience to understand what exactly is taking place. With the use of this program and the technology advantages it also offers I will be able to express my story to the readers effectively. “Technology supports a wealth of storytelling options...”( Cherry, 2017). 



Comments